Wednesday, December 07, 2005

The Cardinal Entry

TOM said...
Alright, alright, it took me a while, because I couldn't figure out how to throw money at this problem. But seriously, I think the Democratic Party is better party because it is so diverse. There is definitely room for all at our party. I think my right leaning (okay, falling) brother from the left coast's party is getting more and more exclusive. I don't think this is the party that a lot of old style Republicans want. Fiscally conservative, and morally laissez faire ( and I don't meant that they were immoral people ), big supporters of small government, and even bigger supporters of charities (remember the Rockefellers),the Republicans of yore were folks who knew what the job of governemnt was - to govern. Compromises were made, bills that were good for the country got passed, and people had some modicum of respect for the government. I'm not that happy with the Democrats either. They have gotten just as "my way or the highway" in response to the influence of the religious right driving a lot of the agenda in Congress. I don't think this is the govenrment the founding father's envisioned.